I Don't Feel Like Myself Lately
I don't feel like myself lately.
I don't get the same enjoyment out of things as I used to, my job that I used to love has become such a chore, I don't have the energy to call my friends and family or hear about their lives, I am starting to get annoyed at little things my boyfriend does that would normally not bother me, and I feel like I am just going through the motions in so many aspects of my life.
I have also stopped working out, I lost a lot of the muscle and progress I had been gaining, I am starting to pudge out more around my midsection, I am not sleeping well, I am having nightmares more often, I feel so scattered and unorganized, and I am getting headaches more frequently.
I thought that all of my stress and anxiety would subside once the election was over and once we went to full distance learning at school. I kept telling myself that I just needed to hold on until those things happened, and then things would get better. At the time, I really, truly believed that was the case. I thought that my problems came from the hybrid model at school and from Donald Trump being in office. But, I am on the other side of both situations, and I feel even worse than before.
I no longer have something to drive me forward. I am now stuck in a limbo where I am still stressed, anxious, and slightly depressed but there is nothing to strive for. We are still in the COVID times. We still have Donald Trump running our country and promoting fear and hate. I have not seen my parents or friends in person since July. I have not hugged or touched my parents since last Christmas. I have not seen my Grandma since July and I have not been able to sit with her, go into her house, or hug her since March.
I honestly feel that the COVID times are worse for those of us who are following the rules. We are doing everything we can to stop the spread which means we are the ones making all of the sacrifices. We are not gathering for holidays. we are not seeing our families. We are not hanging out with our friends. We are not going to stores, restaurants, bars, etc. We are choosing to stay home as much as we can. That should be enough to stop the spread and get life back to normal, but there are too many people who feel like they do not have to make the same sacrifices, along with those who are not privileged enough like I am to make those sacrifices. Those people are the reason why this virus is surging and spreading and why those of us who are stuck doing what we can to follow the rules are getting the short end of the stick. And of course, this whole thing had to become a political issue in the united states rather than a humanitarian issue, so the process of stopping the spread and getting a vaccine has been slowed even more.
I thought experiencing 6 deaths in my senior year of college was the darkest time of my life, but this election and COVID year might just be worse...
Comments
Post a Comment